Fontainebleau Miami Beach
In 2006, long-time O&G client Turnberry Associates purchased the legendary Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami Beach and embarked on a $1 billion rebirth. O&G was tapped to handle Florida PR and hotel trade publicity, and the Fontainebleau Miami Beach story quickly became one of the region and industry’s biggest stories. It also became a major PR challenge as construction fell months behind schedule, resulting in rumors spreading throughout the market.
- Developed, executed 18-month, comprehensive PR plan from announcement to grand re-opening.
- Secured “sneak preview” coverage leading up to completion, deflecting negative buzz about project delays.
- Strategically pitched and juggled numerous hotel storylines to ensure all key media outlets received preferred coverage and access.
- Organized New York City trade media breakfast for Fontainebleau leadership
- Compiled VIP list of top celebs, socialites, business leaders and media for the Grand Opening event and Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show as integral part of execution team.
- Coordinated and secured dozens of major print, broadcast and online features across every significant media outlet in the market.
- Landed several trade stories in industry’s most influential publications.
- Helped ensure grand opening and fashion show were the hottest, most in-demand tickets.
- Garnered coverage for Fontainebleau’s F&B, Spa, Retail and other outlets.
- Winner of Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (HSMAI) 2009 Platinum Adrian Award.