Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza
Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza came to O&G in 2007 with three successful restaurants, serving signature pizzas and other Italian favorites, cooked in an 800-degree coal fired oven that gives its food an authentic and well done character that has become its trademark. Led by entrepreneur Anthony Bruno and investment partner Dan Marino, the company was planning a major expansion, including markets where the concept had no visibility or name recognition. With limited ad dollars, Anthony’s relied upon O&G to launch new restaurants, build and sustain traffic, distinguish the brand, and generate regional and national buzz.
- Highlighted the authenticity of the menu items, focusing on the coal fired oven (no fryers, no freezers, fresh ingredients).
- Introduced brand to social media – establish a strong presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Oversaw design and implementation of external marketing efforts, including brochures, direct mail, videos, catering materials, real estate collateral, billboards, print ads and more.
- Developed grand opening template to include Marino appearances, local media pushes and community initiatives.
- Created localized “well done” events to recognize community leaders, while emphasizing brand’s trademark cooking method.
- Aligned with key local F&B influencers by hosting craft beer pairing dinners and special events.
- Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza has grown from a few South Florida restaurants to more than 60 throughout Florida and the Northeast.
- Established Bruno as a nationally recognized restaurateur; successfully aligned Marino and the brand without using ad dollars.
- Secured consistent positive press coverage including the designation of “Best Pizza Chain in America” by USA Today: several pieces on CNBC; and stories in New York Times, Newsday, Boston Globe, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Miami Herald, Sun Sentinel, Providence Journal and more.
- Used organic and paid efforts, including contests, to build Facebook fans to 30,000+