Sugarfina, the First-Ever Candy Boutique for Grown-Ups, Opens at Aventura Mall
LOS ANGELES, CA – Miami will get a little bit sweeter when Sugarfina, the world’s finest candy boutique, opens its doors at Aventura Mall today. The store will feature the brand’s signature Candy Bento Boxes, a luxurious candy gift box, and encourage shoppers to customize their own box by selecting from over 130 candies from around the world, three-quarters of which are not available anywhere else in the U.S. Sugarfina candy consultants will offer free samples and assist guests in choosing the perfect candies based on their taste profile.
Sugarfina made its debut August 2012 selling its premium curated confections online – cocktail candies, including Champagne Bears, Cuba Libre (spiced rum and cola gummies) and Peach Bellini gummies are top-sellers – and quickly flourished into a must-have high-end candy brand. Sugarfina opened its first retail store in Beverly Hills in 2013 and by July will have 16 retail locations & 12 Nordstrom Shop-In-Shops throughout North America.
“We created Sugarfina because the candy store of our dreams didn’t exist and we’re delighted to expand our footprint in Miami,” say co-founders and sweethearts Rosie O’Neill, former director of marketing for Barbie, and former video game entrepreneur, Josh Resnick. “We dreamed of gourmet sweets made with premium ingredients — candy that’s as beautiful to look at as it is to taste – and our new shop brings delicious, never-before-seen candies to Aventura.”
Sugarfina’s crisp aqua-and-white retail boutiques are designed to transport guests to “grown-up candy heaven,” with hundreds of beautiful candies displayed in modern Lucite cubes. Named one of the ten most beautiful candy shops by Architectural Digest, Sugarfina’s newest outpost will feature a signature aqua door with custom antique bronze door handle, bright white design with glossy white fixtures, an aqua neon “candy” sign, and a statement art wall consisting of handmade white paper flowers, the perfect backdrop for a sweet selfie.
The Sugarfina store will also feature:
• “Design Your Own Bento Box” Wall: Guests can select an empty 8-piece, 4-piece, or a 3-piece Bento Box and build their own gift box from the wall of 130+ Lucite candy cubes. More than 2 billion custom bento box creations are possible.
• Candy Labeling: There will be an icon-based program that identifies which candies are vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, fat-free, kosher pareve, kosher dairy, and all-natural.
• Top Shelf Candies: One area of the store is dedicated to “top shelf” candies — exotic offerings from around the world such as Raindrops & Roses from Italy, Kyoto Blossoms from Japan, and interlocking chocolate wedding rings from Greece. Each candy will have its story featured alongside it in a beautiful display.
• In-Store Sampling: Sugarfina associates offer two complimentary daily samples with a selection that rotates weekly.
• Candy Concierge: The Sugarfina Candy Concierge will provide a wide range of services, such as custom and corporate gifts, private events, dessert bars, candy tastings and even marriage proposals. Guests may book an in-person appointment by calling 1-855-SUGARFINA or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sugarfina shop at Aventura Mall is located at 19501 Biscayne Blvd, Aventura on the lower level adjacent to Y-3 & will be open from 10am-9:30pm Monday through Saturday, 12pm-8pm Sunday. Call (786) 332-5686 for more information.
Sweethearts Rosie O’Neill and Josh Resnick have dreamed of opening a luxury candy boutique ever since their third date, a screening of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. They fell in love over the unique and delicious candies they tasted while traveling and were inspired to bring a new concept in gourmet candy to the United States. Having personally taste-tested thousands of candies from dozens of countries, Rosie & Josh consider themselves true “candy connoisseurs.” Before Sugarfina, Rosie and Josh had every kid’s dream job – Rosie was director of marketing for Barbie, and Josh was the co-founder and President of Pandemic Studios, a major video game developer. To learn more about Sugarfina, visit www.sugarfina.com or follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
About Aventura Mall:
Miami’s premier fashion destination and one of America’s most visited shopping centers according to Travel + Leisure magazine, Aventura Mall features a collection of upscale boutiques and more than 300 of the world’s most iconic retailers. Anchored by Bloomingdale’s, Nordstrom and Macy’s, the shopping center includes luxury retailers Givenchy, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Tiffany & Co., Fendi, Burberry, Bally, Emilio Pucci, Omega and Brooks Brothers, as well as Apple, Michael Kors, H&M, Tory Burch, Sam Edelman, Microsoft Store, Urban Outfitters and other shopper favorites. Visitors also enjoy nearly a dozen restaurants, an artist-designed interactive playground, a 24-screen AMC Movie Theatre with IMAX, and a taste of South Florida’s thriving arts scene with Turnberry for the Arts, featuring contemporary installations by renowned international and local artists. Aventura Mall is open Monday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., and Sunday, 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Call (305) 935-1110 or visit online at www.aventuramall.com.