ACEN Accreditation Reinforces Associate Degree in Nursing Program at Fortis College During National Nurses Week
CENTERVILLE, Ohio – As they prepare to celebrate National Nurses Week on May 6-12, Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) students at Fortis College in Centerville appreciate the fact their nursing program has received full, continuing accreditation by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
ACEN, formerly the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, or NLNAC, extended the program’s accreditation through spring 2022.
According to Campus President Richard Rucker, Ph.D., “ACEN accreditation enables our nursing students to do their clinical studies at a wider range of facilities and our graduates to seek employment at all of Ohio’s major hospital networks.”
“This full and continuing accreditation for Fortis College-Centerville ensures our nursing program remains as one of just three in the Centerville-Kettering-Dayton corridor to have earned ACEN accreditation,” Rucker added. “That’s a noteworthy achievement in and of itself.”
The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing is nationally recognized as a specialized accrediting agency for post-secondary and higher degree programs in nursing education and responsible for the specialized accreditation of nursing education programs. ACEN has authority and accountability for carrying out the responsibilities inherent in the application of standards and criteria, accreditation processes and policy-making, among other duties.
The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) is located at 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326. To reach ACEN, call 404-975-500 or visit www.acenursing.org.
One of the largest nursing education providers in the U.S., the Fortis network of schools, which also includes the Denver School of Nursing and St. Paul’s School of Nursing, is comprised of more than 5,000 students nationwide and over 38 nursing programs in 13 states.
Fortis Colleges and Institutes have received international recognition for their leadership in using simulation technology to educate nursing students. Fortis nursing programs create supportive learning environments for students who are preparing to become tomorrow’s nurses.
About Fortis College in Centerville
Fortis College (formerly RETS College) is located on a modern, nine-acre campus in Centerville, Ohio, approximately eight miles south of Dayton. The college offers a wide range of campus-based programs in the fields of nursing, dental, allied health, criminal justice, IT, and HVAC/R, along with additional health care, business computer technology, retail and criminal justice courses through Fortis’ Distance Education division.
Accreditations & Approvals
Fortis College in Centerville is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and, as RETS, achieved the following programmatic recognitions:
• Medical Assisting associate degree program – accredited by the American Association of Medical Assistants/Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs(AAMA/CAAHEP);
• Paralegal associate degree program – approved by the American Bar Association (ABA);
• Heating, Ventilating, AC & Refrigeration program – accredited by the Partnership for Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Accreditation (PAHRA);
• Practical Nursing and the Associate Degree in Nursing programs – full approval of both programs by the Ohio Board of Nursing;
• Associate Degree in Nursing program – accredited by the National League of Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC);
• Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and Paramedic programs are approved by the Ohio Department of Public Safety – Emergency Medical Services and nationally accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
• Cyber Security and Forensics and Microsoft Network Technology programs are approved as CompTIA Authorized Partners, and are Microsoft IT Academy Program members;
• Main campus Associate Degree programs are authorized by the Ohio Board of Regents.
Fortis College is registered by the State Board of Career Colleges and Schools, license number 05-09-1789T. For campus specific information, call 937-433-3410.
A post-secondary network of colleges and institutes that engages students in experiential learning and training programs, Fortis delivers focused individual career education experiences: Your Life. Powered by Learning. The Fortis network offers career-based certificate, diploma and degree-granting programs at more than 40 schools in 15 states. Fortis College and Institute campuses prepare students for careers in healthcare, business and technology and various trades. Fortis also offers online learning platforms for many of its programs. Each Fortis campus is accredited by a nationally recognized body. Program offerings and accreditations vary by campus. Fortis also is affiliated with the Denver School of Nursing, St. Paul’s School of Nursing and All State Career School. For consumer disclosure information, visit www.fortis.edu to learn more about Fortis educational opportunities.